Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Teen review: Fun Rom-Com

P.S. I Like You
by Kasie West
326 Pages
Genre: Realistic Fiction/Contemporary Romance
Not part of a series
Recommended: High School

Reviewed by A. D., grade 12


Lily loves music, songwriting most of all.. One day in her chemistry class, she writes down her favorite lyrics on her desk in hopes of avoiding the inevitable boredom of note-taking. She never expected that someone would continue her lyrics and write her a little message the day after. It wasn’t very long until Lily and her anonymous pen-pal start exchanging letters--letter after letter as they got to know each other better, Lily fell in love with her responder, so she went looking to uncover his identity. Lily discovers a lot more than her anonymous pen-pal. She finds her voice in music, and she finds herself amongst the chaos of her school year.

This book got me to start reading again. I've had such a long, dry, no-reading-for-fun year. So I highly recommend it, if you were in a slump like I was and you have a predilection for rom-com type novels. This book is such a fun and cute read. It was easy to read in one sitting too! The characters are all charming (if a bit clichéd), but that's the fun of it! I've read my fair share of contemporary YA novels, and I like how it has a strong, solid plot paired with some strong, solid characters. I'd rate this a 4 out of 5 (slightly too predictable to give a full 5, but all-in- all a great, adorable read).


Editor's note: There seems to be a lot of P.S.ing going on in YA titles--we just posted a review a few days ago of a book called P.S. I Still Love You, not even by the same author! Burbank PL doesn't own this book for some reason, but we do own three other books by the same author.



No comments:

Post a Comment