Friday, August 5, 2016

Teen review: Classic fantasy

The Time Quintet: A Wrinkle in Time
by Madeleine L’Engle
Genre: Fantasy
Pages: 232
Appropriate for ages 10+
(Followed by A Wind in the Door)

Reviewed by M.S. (grade 11)


This is the first installment of the Time Quintet series. Meg’s father goes missing after working on a mysterious project for the government. Meg, her brother Charles Wallace, and friend Calvin O’Keefe, decide to go find him. The trio receive help from the immortal beings, Mrs. Whatsit, Mrs. Who, and Mrs. Which, who help them find Meg and Charles’s father.

This book was my favorite when I was nine! It is incredibly interesting and bizarre, and a lot of it doesn’t make sense, but I think A Wrinkle in Time is still one of the best works of literature ever written. This novel is incredibly entertaining and endearing, and I highly recommend reading it.

I would rate this book a 5.


No comments:

Post a Comment