Saturday, May 14, 2016

Teen review: Revenant series

Reviewed by KL, grade 9

The book I am reviewing is the first in the Revenant series by Amy Plum, called Die for Me. It is a fictional, paranormal romance novel with 341 pages, and is at a high school reading level.

In Die for Me, a teenage girl, Kate, whose parents have just died, picks up her entire life and moves with her sister from New York to Paris, to live with their grandparents. In the midst of her grieving, she comes across a handsome, mysterious stranger with a shady past. She doesn't know what she's getting into when she agrees to see him. She is thrust into a world of love, betrayal, and immortals.

I would have to rate this book a 3 out of 5, because sometimes I would be invested in it, but a lot of the time I was just reading it with no real interest. It's definitely a cute romance novel. When I found it, I had just gotten out of a relationship and decided to nurse my broken heart with a book about true love, and the cover of the young girl in the blood-red dress staring at the Eiffel Tower caught my attention. It was certainly relateable and I connected with it, but like I said, sometimes it could get a little slow.


Editor's note: The second book is Until I Die, and the third and final book in the series is If I Should Die (are we sensing a theme?). If you want to read the series, we have all three books at all three branches. The cover art and Paris location are definitely a lure!

 





No comments:

Post a Comment