Thursday, December 10, 2015

Teen review: The great detective

The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes
Part 8 : The Adventure of the Speckled Band
by Arthur Conan Doyle
Mystery

Reviewed by Criselin, grade 12



In this series about investigating crime, Sherlock Holmes is the detective, and Dr. Watson is his partner. In this book, Sherlock Holmes is trying to discover who murdered the sister of Helen Stoner.

This book is inspiring for someone who someday would like to become a detective. It entertained me a lot, especially because detectives are so amazing when they solve crimes. I love to read, even though English is not my first language, and I rate this book 4 out of 5 because once you start reading this book, you can't stop. The book inspired me to create my own version of The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes. I recommend this book, and Arthur Conan Doyle has been added to my list of favorite authors.

The only thing I didn't like is the cover of the book. People say, "Don't judge a book by its cover," but in my opinion, the cover needs to be attractive to all readers, and I would like this cover to be more modern.



Editor's note: Criselin did not send me a picture of the cover, so I'm not sure which one it was that she disliked--this book has been released under numerous covers! Here is a more modern one that she (and you) might like...

No comments:

Post a Comment