Sunday, October 25, 2015

Teen review: A Classic Play

Title of play: Medea
Author: Euripides
Pages: about 70 (depending on the version you have)
Genre: Fiction
Series? No
Reading level: high school

Reviewed by M. K., grade 12

Medea tells the tale of a vengeful ex-wife (Medea) whose only goal is to make Jason (ex-husband) feel the way she did when he left her for Glauce, the princess of Corinth. Throughout this insane play, Medea goes to extreme measures to obtain her goal.


This play is probably one of my favorites because it's so twisted! You never know what is going to happen next. The way the story unfolds is so entertaining! I would recommend it to anyone in high school, just because I feel like it'll be easier for you to understand. I give this play a 4.5 out of 5 only because Medea gets pretty annoying in the beginning. I don't want to get away any details, so you'll see what I mean if you read it. If needy, Taylor Swift-like women bother you a lot, you might not enjoy it (because that's basically the epitome of Medea) In my opinion, the play is worth all of it. You might fall in love with it, so give it a try! Thank you for reading!




Editor's note: I'm not sure Taylor Swift would be down with being compared to Medea! Then again, if we're talking vengeful lyrics...


Did you think we'd be fine? Still got scars on my back from your knife
So don't think it's in the past, these kinda wounds they last and they last.
Now did you think it all through? All these things will catch up to you
And time can heal but this won't, so if you're coming my way, just don't


--from "Bad Blood," by Taylor Swift

No comments:

Post a Comment