Friday, July 31, 2015

Another teen poem

This one is from Amy Sepulveda, grade 11, from her book Just Another Smudge in the Dark. If you like it, seek out her book!

A Game Called Life

Play with me
a game called life,
In a far away land.
Play with me
a game called love,
In no man's land.

Play with me
a game called life,
Where a grown man never sleeps.
Play with me
a game called love,
Where a thin woman never eats.

Play with me
a game called love,
Where some people just don't live.
Play with me
a game called life,
Where some people just can't breathe.

Play with me
a game called life,
Where sick love never dies.
Play with me
a game called life,
Where sick love always lies.

Play with me
a game called life,
Once upon a time.
Play with me
a game called love,
Fin

No comments:

Post a Comment