Thursday, January 15, 2015

Teen review: Romance

Every Boy’s Got One
by Meg Cabot
339 pages
Stand-alone teen romance
For high school and up

Reviewed by Kayla, grade 10

Jane Harris is preparing to go to Europe with her best friend Holly for her elopement, but what she isn’t prepared for is Cal Langdon, the best friend of Mark, the groom-to-be. To say that they dislike each other would be a major understatement. Cal is the exact opposite of Jane, and seems to want to be anywhere but in Europe. So when Jane and Cal are forced to work together to help Holly and Mark, it is a true test! Will they be able to make it through?

This book was really exciting and funny. I enjoyed the characters and I did not want the book to end. I also did not expect the ending, and the journey that came before it had me on the edge of my seat.

The story was also told in a unique way. It was told through a series of emails, texts, and Jane’s travel journal. This point of view showed what people were really thinking, not just what they were willing to say out loud. 

I rate this book as a 5.


No comments:

Post a Comment