Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Teen Review: TFIOS, last time!!!

Teen reviewers, beware! I know y'all love this book, and now everyone who reads our blog knows too, because we have published about eight (glowing) reviews of it! So this is the last one we will post! Feel free to read it and talk it up, but please--review something else!


Author of book: John Green
Number of pages: 316
Genre: Realistic
Is it part of a series? No
Reading level: high school
Reviewed by: Angela, 12th grade


This book is about a girl named Hazel Grace, who has had terminal cancer most of her life. She joins a support group one day and during the first day of the support group, Hazel meets a boy named Augustus Waters, the most gorgeous plot twist of Hazel’s life. Soon enough they are flirtatious friends and talk to each other about everything. They talk about their interests and how Hazel has a love for this one book called An Imperial Affliction, so Augustus reads the book. After he's done with it, they both realize they have an unconditional love for the same book but the book never had a full closure. They both want to visit the author in Amsterdam to get some questions answered, but those questions lead to dangers in Augustus’ life.

I've read a lot of books, but this is one of my all-time favorites; that's not something I can say about very many books. The thing I mainly liked about this book was that it had some nerdy humor in it but it had a meaning to it too. It got me really emotional by the time I was almost done with it, and I can tell you I don’t get emotional quickly. By far, there was nothing I really disliked about the book, I just kind of wish it ended differently--but I don’t want to give out spoilers!

The writing in this book was literally so good. A lot of the quotes mentioned in this book had so much more deeper meaning than they appear to have. Hazel’s personality was predictable because she was just blunt and a feminist. Augustus, however, his character was exactly what you would call a “dream boy.” What thoughts or feelings did the book inspire? My feelings towards this book are so different from what I would usually feel. I never cried while reading a book and this just made me bawl my eyes out. I love it. I would recommend the book to anyone 15+, honestly. I made my best friend read it after I was done, and she fell in love with it too. I would definitely rate this book a 5/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment