Monday, December 16, 2013

Teen Review: Romance, mystery (zombies?)


Die for Me (Revenants #1), by Amy Plum, has 341 pages. It's the first book in an amazing trilogy. It is a fictional romance. I would say it is an 8th grade level book.

Kate Mercier and her sister Georgia have just moved to Paris. Kate has lately been depressed, and has been isolating herself from everyone. One day, at a small café, she sees a mysterious young man staring at her from afar. A few weeks later, Kate starts to notice the mysterious man everywhere she goes. One day at a art museum the boy introduces himself as Vincent. Vincent plans a date with Kate. On their first date, Vincent introduces Kate to his close friend, Jules. When Kate sees Jules jump in front of a moving train and sees that Vincent shows no remorse, she is frightened of him and breaks things off. A few days later, Kate goes to another art museum, and there she sees Jules. What can this all mean? Kate knows what she saw, and all of this is unexplainable. Kate has entered a world of questions, mystery, and danger.

I am in the 9th grade, and my best friend recommended these books to me. I was hesitant at first, but by the end of the book I couldn't wait to get my hands on the next one. This book uncovered how people will do whatever they can to protect the ones they love. The cover relates to the book by showing a girl who looks lost and alone. That's how Kate was in the beginning of the book, but she grows throughout the story. On a scale from 1-5, I would definitely rate this book a 5. I have recommended this book to many of my other friends, and we all adore them. This series is one of my favorite.

Reviewed by Anonymous

Editor's note: We have the second book in the trilogy in our library, but somehow the third got overlooked! So it's in this month's order!

No comments:

Post a Comment