Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Teen Review: Fantasy sequel

Title: The Fire Chronicle
Author: John Stephens
Number of pages: 448
Genre: Fantasy
Part of a series: Yes
Reading Level: Grades 7 up
Reviewed by: G. R., grade 9

The Fire Chronicle is the second book in The Books of Beginning series, about three siblings trying to escape the dangers of their fate. As the oldest sibling goes missing, the two younger ones are left to themselves. They have to face new dangers, and worries as they await their sister's return. All of the siblings face their own dangers, and it is left up to them to defend themselves.

This book was absolutely perfect. I loved it as much as the first one. I found the plot amazing, and I especially liked how it went into detail about things that weren't as important in the first book. Another thing I enjoyed was the fact that every chapter or so, the point of view would switch from that of the two siblings to their older, lost sibling. This gave you all angles of the story, and allowed you to know what was going on with both groups at the same time. [This is called the "omniscient" view--ed.] This story included lots of plot twists, including a few heart-wrenching ones.

I was so in love with this book, that I have read it multiple times. I would most definitely recommend this book to my friends (of course they'd have to read the first one too!). I would easily give this book a 5/5! It was so amazing! I can't wait until the last book is released, and I'm extremely excited to see what adventures it holds.

Editor's note: For those of you waiting breathlessly for the end, the third book in this series, The Black Reckoning, is due out in August of 2014, according to Goodreads.

No comments:

Post a Comment