Monday, December 9, 2013

Teen Review: Dystopia

Legend, by Marie Lu, is the first book in the Legend trilogy. It is 305 pages long. I would say it’s at least an 8th grade level book. It is an action-packed dystopia, with a love story between June and Day. June is the Republic's prodigy--a perfect soldier with a perfect score on the trial exams. Day is the most wanted criminal in the Republic. When June's brother is killed, all the signs point to Day as the murderer, so June goes undercover and heads to the outer sectors searching for Day. June and Day meet on the streets and connect on a personal level before either realizes who the other person is. Together they uncover some of the Republic's secrets and June starts to question everything.

I am in the 9th grade and I have just finished the last book in this trilogy and I loved all three books. (Legend, Prodigy, Champion) I have recommended this book to many of my friends, and they all enjoyed it. I really liked this book because it was about people who were the same age as me, and they were taking a stand for what they believed in and starting something great.

   

The cover of this book is a little boring and you never really find out why they choose that specific symbol (something to do with the Republic?), but you know the old saying, "Don't judge a book by its cover"? Well, that quote applies to this book. On a scale of 1-5, I would rate this book a 4.5--it's very good and very entertaining.

Reviewed by Anonymous

Editor's note: Here is a drawing of June and Day by the author, Marie Lu! What is it with all these authors who are so multi-talented?





No comments:

Post a Comment