Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Teen Review: The Fault in Our Stars

The Fault in Our Stars
by John Green
336 pages
Genre: Realistic fiction
Not part of a series
Reading level: High School
Reviewed by:
G. A. Flores

This book is just …WOW, it’s incredible. I’m going to keep it short because the main point is I loved it, and if you haven’t read it yet do so ASAP. This is probably one of the best books I have ever read, if not the best. The premise is relatively simple: A girl with terminal cancer meets a boy. But it’s so, so much more than that. I’ve read several books about someone dying or someone with cancer, and they were good, but The Fault in Our Stars is in a whole other category. It had humor in it and had a wit to it that many of the others I read didn’t. The characters seemed much more relatable this way, because it showed the characters as more than just cancer patients, it showed them as people who were survivors, people who lived. Never have I read a book that made me feel so much. I laughed and I cried and I loved every second of it. Hazel and Augustus are the kinds of characters that get stuck in your head. You just think about them for days and weeks. I liked how they thought, and what they said, as well as how they viewed different things. Each had opinions that made you think as you read through the story. Nothing I say will come close to doing this book justice. It was the kind of book that I want everyone I know to read. Even though it’s sad and it will break your heart into a million pieces, there’s also so much beauty in the book. I will admit that by the end of this book I was in tears, but I just want to pick it up and re-read it again and again. I recommend this to anyone and everyone--it’s an amazing book and defiantly a must-read!

This book is definitely a 5 without a doubt.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree! This book left me in tears!

    ReplyDelete